This CD contains installation software and resources for FEMA ROVER 2, Rapid Observation of Vulnerability and Estimation of Risk (ROVER), Version 2; a User Guide; and additional resources. These files are provided in various formats as outlined below.*
Table of Contents
- Readme file listing these contents and their file names, provided as a text file (Readme.txt).
- Rapid Observation of Vulnerability and Estimation of Risk, ROVER 2 server installation executable file (ROVERServerSetup222.exe).
- Rapid Observation of Vulnerability and Estimation of Risk (ROVER),
- Version 2; User Guide (FEMA-ROVER 2 User Guide.pdf**).
- RedROVER Hazus installation program (redrover-hazus-1.1.exe).
- ROVERLoad Python Import Script used to import building data into ROVER 2 (bulk_buildings.py).
- Resources directory containing various ATC-20-1, FEMA 154, and FEMA 155 documents (Resources).
Rapid Observation of Vulnerability and Estimation of Risk (ROVER 2) is a software suite for pre-earthquake screening of buildings for potential seismic hazards and post-earthquake safety evaluation of buildings. It follows the proven methodology and checklists from the de facto U.S. standards: FEMA 154, Rapid Visual Screening of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards, A Handbook, 2nd Edition, and the ATC-20-1 Field Manual: Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings 2nd Edition, both of which were developed by the Applied Technology Council (ATC). FEMA 154 is available online and in paper format from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), www.fema.gov. The ATC-20-1 Field Manual is available in paper format from ATC, www.atcouncil.org. If needed, the ATC-20 placards and ATC-20 evaluation forms can be downloaded from www.atcouncil.org.
The materials on this CD include the server installation file in a Microsoft Windows Executable (.exe) format. It is designed to run on a computer or server running a Microsoft Operating System (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2003 or later). ROVER 2 also supports mobile devices so long as they have a web browser and active data connection. Mobile devices include tablets, such as an iPad or Kindle, and smart phone, such as an iPhone or Galaxy. Detailed requirements for the hardware, operating system, mobile devices as well as instructions for installing this software suite are described in the Rapid Observation of Vulnerability and Estimation of Risk (ROVER) User Guide included on this CD. The User Guide, and ROVER Disclaimer of Software and its Capabilities are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). You must have Adobe Reader to view these documents. Download the free Reader from www.adobe.com. The Readme file is in plain text format (.txt).
View Title Page, Preface, and Contents on the "Downloadable" tab